Re: install failure model 9000/879/K260

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 02:33:08PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> > Sounds like a known bug - try to set the kernel option ramdisk_size=32768.
> > You seem to have enough RAM on your box for a bigger ramdisk as well.....
>
> Yep - fixes this problem - Later on it dies again with a Kernel fault
> and without stack trace :(

Florian,
Can you capture and post the complete console output from power on
until crash?

Our "how to report kernel bugs" FAQ is here:
   http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/kernelbug-howto.html

In general, the parisc-linux kernels have been known to boot
on K-class machines. I think Franke Benke might be able to help
you out...ISTR he has a K-class to play with as well.

grant