Re: parisc-linux-announce post from murthybvs@gmail.com requires approval

Hi, uhm, you mailed the incorrect mailing list... parisc-linux-announce
is for announcements, not for technical discussion. I've CC'd the
correct list for this (debian-hppa@lists.debian.org).

> EXT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode
> block - inode = 181, block =1463
> ram0: rw=0, want = 28558, limit  = 16384
> EXT2-fs error (device ram0): ext2_get_inode: unable to read inode
> block - inode = 1933 block 14278
> kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel
>
> i was wondering if any one encountered similar problems? or know why
> the installer seems to stall?

You will need to format the disk during the install, as you cannot share
a disk with HP-UX.

The problem you're facing is documented in the release notes, hopefully
will be fixed by the next release of Debian 3.1.

To workaround this bug, please append "ramdisk_size=32768" to the PALO
command line. IE: when you boot from the drive, select "yes" to the
question "do you wish to interact with the IPL" and add the ramdisk_size
parameter to the kernel command line.

Cheers,
--
Kyle McMartin