Re: [parisc-linux] List of things that are known no to work on Linux/PA

On 6/17/05, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:46:07PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 17:18 +0100, Max Grabert wrote:
> > > - 64bit userland is not yet supported
> >
> > Actually, the kernel supports it quite happily.  There's a 64 bit mini
> > library that will build static ELF64 user binaries that I used to debug
> > support when I added it.
> >
> > What's missing is:
> >
> > - 64 bit gcc that will build DSO's
> > - 64 bit glibc
>
> I forgot perhaps we should add:
>
>   - Multiple stub sections for the 64-bit linker.
>
> Which will probably be the next project after TLS/NPTL/FUTEX.
> Binutils elf64-hppa needs a good cleanup.

Thank you all (Carlos, James, Kyle etc.) for your input!

I'll add a wiki page in the next couple of days that will
contain a (hopefully regulary updated) list of things that
are "known broken", "being worked on" and
"probably never supported" in the p-l kernel.

   Max