Re: [parisc-linux] List of things that are known no to work on Linux/PA

On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 05:18:49PM +0100, Max Grabert wrote:
> - NTPL is not yet supported (being worked on)
> - kernel low-latency/preempt is not yet supported

	Useless.

> - 64bit userland is not yet supported

	Approximately useless.

> - SMP, expecially on 64bit kernels seems to be rather unstable

	WFM...

> - on some machines heavy I/O can cause problems

	WFM...

> - XFS used to/is still broken

	Apparently not just on HPPA.

> - ide-cd causes HPMC on cd-rom access; use ide-scsi instead

	Was looking into this, ran out of time.

> - Using native XFree86 drivers may cause HPMC, try to use fbdev instead

	As I understand it, this is X, since we don't/can't emulate
	legacy VGA routing.

> - Using fbdev with XFree86 causes HPMC on 64bit kernels

	This bit me too, and I've yet to have time to look into it.

> - To use onboard sound on B/C/Jxxxx use the snd_ad1889 ALSA driver,
>    with OSS Emulation (native ALSA interface seems to have problems)

	Still confused about this.

--
Kyle McMartin