Re: RFC and status report: Kernel upgrades for woody->sarge upgrades

I installed a minimal basic "stable" installation of Debian (no packages selected with tasksel or dselect) when doing the upgade as stated on http://higgs.djpig.de/upgrade/upgrade-kernel/ via the dpkg method.

I first needed to install zlib1g, ash and stat.
maby it is better to mention that those need to be installed prior.

and there is no mentioning of what to change in silo.conf
cause you need to specify the initrd somehow.
I added:
initrd=1/initrd.img
is this correct?

afther rebooting I get the following error(s):

modprobe: Noting to load ???
Specify at least a module or a wildcard like \*
pivot_root: No such file or directory
/sbin/init: cannot open dev/console: no such file
Kernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Lichtenheld" <djpig@debian.org> To: <debian-release@lists.debian.org>; <debian-hppa@lists.debian.org>; <debian-sparc@lists.debian.org>