Re: [parisc-linux] NIC & "searching for devices"

-------------------

> You might want to switch to 2.6, since apparently most of the PA
hackers
> are no longer interested in 2.4 (the latest CVS version on
cvs.p-l.org
> is 2.4.27 which has known security vulnerabilities; CVS 2.4 hasn't
> been touched for about half a year now. I don't know about the
debian
> kernels).

I've updated last 2.4.27 release to be built against recent
kernel-source (in 2.4.27-3), so I suppose it has less vulnerabilities
than previous versions. Still, 2.4 is definitely a dead end.

HTH

Thibaut VARENE
PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://www.pateam.org/