Re: [parisc-linux] C180XP and B132L and X

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Tomas Reinicke wrote:

> I have recently got hold of one C180XP and one B132L with the specifications
> below.
>
> C180XP
> GRAPHICS		HP A4244A_V

[...]

> The following article numbers are present on the graphics cards in the C180XP
> A4248A
> A4244A
> A4246-66002
> A3510-40 A4244-66003.

[...]

> B132L
> Model No.		A4190A
> GRAPHICS		HP A4071B_LZ

[...]

> My intention is to install Debian woody.
> From parisc-linux.org I understand the both the C180XP and B132L is supported.
> But my question is now is it possible to get X to work in these machines?
> I have searched the net regarding the graphic cards but not found anything the
> is 100% matching the modelnumber that I have.

Obviously you didn't look close enough:
http://www.google.ie/search?q=visualize-48+site%3Alists.parisc-linux.org
http://www.google.ie/search?q=a4071b+site%3Alists.parisc-linux.org

The settings for the B132:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-hppa/2002/debian-hppa-200212/msg00011.html

Your graphics card in the C180 is a Visualize-48, I doubt it is supported:

http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2003-April/019824.html

> I would appriciate if someone could clearify this and also give me some
> genaral tips regarding the installation.

Use the netinstall CDs from here:

http://www.pateam.org/cd-images/testing/

the official woody CDs use quite an old kernel that has some problems,
the ones found on the ESIEE website use newer kernels.

 Max