C180 installation problems - High Priority Machine Check

Hi together,

I am relatively new in using Linux. Now I got a C180 and try to install Debian woody on it. I was able (yeah!) to burn the installation CDs and (!!) to redirect the boot path to the CD drive. Debian 30r0 boots, it displays many messages and the Linux logo appears. But then it stops with:

NOT FREING INITMEM (383k)
init started: BusyBox v0.60.3-pre (2002.01.21-23:29+0000) multicall binary

High Priority Machine Check (HPMC):
  Code=1 regs=102f3080 (Addr=00000000)

..

Can somebody please help me to get this issue resolved?

Many thanks in advance!

Achim.