Re: how quickly do PA-RISC patches make it to mainstream kernel?

> On average, how far behind is the PA-RISC integration in the mainstream kernel?
> For instance, when can I expect 2.4.22-pa17 to have been merged by upstream?
> Will that show up in the 2.4.23 mainstream vanilla kernel, or only in 2.4.24?

Never, probably. Most of the kernel developers are concentrated on 2.6.
There's not a lot of interest to merge 2.4 stuff upstream. Besides,
there are some hacks in the pa tree that cannot be merged upstream
anyway.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports