Newer kernel sources

Hi,

I have a vanilla woody install running in my C110, and its running ok (I intend to deploy it as a departamental samba, printer and intranet server). I'll have to compile the kernel to get SMBFS and automount working, and I was told that I should update my kernel to a newer version, sinse mine is quite outdated. I've been browsing available packages in debian.org, and could not find which would be a suitable sources package. I'd like to get something newer, but nothing too experimental. Given that, are there any suitable deb packages? Where/How sould I get it? Any hints?

Thanks a lot,
Joao