HP 712/60

Hello,

In my attempt to get Linux running on an HP 712/60 I'm running into a
problem.

Using set_parms I was able to configure the ip stuff like address, gateway,
etc.

Once the HP is up and running HPUX 10.20 I am able to use ftp on the HP 712
to go out through my DSL router to debian.org.
This tells me the networking config is correct.

On my Windows 2000 computer I installed Bootp Plus from Weird software and
configured it for minimal options (boot file name and length).

The HP boot_admin screen search command sees the windows computer as a boot
path now.

When I try to boot the HP using the bootp server I get a 1-5 min delay and
then the boot_admin screen comes back.
The boot commands I've tried are
boot alt (after configuring the alt boot path in isl)
boot lan
boot lan isl
boot lan install
boot lan.192.168.1.2.3.52
boot lan.192.168.1.2.3.52 isl
boot lan.192.168.1.2.3.52 install

As you can see I've tried all variations of the boot command.
I think the HP is not happy with the response it is getting from the bootp
server.
Is it expecting a certain set of options?

Has anyone tried booting/installing Linux onto hppa from a non-Linux server?
The net install pages at debian all require the use of floppies or cdrom.
These HP 712s have neither.

Any help is appreciated.

--
Larry Crouch