NAS on a 712-60

Greetings,

I just installed NAS (Network Audio Sound) on this 712, so that I could receive
the sound i/o from a remote KDE session (KDE offers native NAS support).

Netstat confirms that there is something running on port 8000 on the 712, open
to all incoming, but KDE still complains that it cannot connect to it.

Is this problem specific to the hppa port, or have I just forgotten something?
FYI, I'm initiating the remote session using the 712's GDM Chooser.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/