Re: Debian on rp 7400

Thanks for the response. At the risk of appearing a bit foolish, may I ask another question?

Given your response, if we installed Debian on the 7400 (given SMP won't work currently), what would happen? Would the kernel simply use 1 processor and 7 processors will sit dormant? Or will all 8 be used but just not share memory?

I've looked into SMP, but I want to be sure I have a definite answer before I make recommendations for the machine.

Thanks in advance.

Conan