Von: Daron Edie [mailto:darone@optusnet.com.au]
Gesendet: Friday, August 01, 2003 3:58 PM
An: debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
Betreff: Vis EG colour depth

Recently I purchased a Visualize EG graphics card - type A4977A - on ebay
(purchased from Natech - very good service and well packed). I finally got
it running with x windows on my C3000 and I am very happy with it, my only
question is, why only 8 bit colour depth? I did a search on the news group
archives and discovered that is all the card is capable of but was it a
design decision on HP's part? I know these workstations are used for CAD and
the like and I'm assuming the colour depth is a trade off to gain greater
resolution for design work that probably doesn't need a great colour depth.
Any opinions?

Regards,

Daron Edie