Re: Booting from burned CD

Dipl.-Ing. Ulf Wagner said:
> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the ISO's for HPPA debian and burned them on CD's. But if
> I want boot from the first CD's a lot of zeros appear and the the IPL
> prompt appear again. I burned the CD's with "Ahead Nero". Are there
> some special options to heed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ulf

Firstly, did you confirm that the MD5 checksum(s) of the file(s) you
downloaded matched those of the original files?  The image file may have
been corrupted.

Apart from the need for the ISO image to be not corrupted, there should
be no special things you have to do, just "burn CD from image".

Have you confirmed your HP system can boot from that CDROM drive?

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."