Re: Debian 3.0 HPPA installation halts at dpkg_1.9.21 on HP9000 J210XC

On Fri, 16 May 2003, Vince Trinh wrote:

> I'm installing on two HP9000 J210XC and the process stops at "Install
> the base system" with the error message"
>
> "instmnt/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.9.21_hppa.deb file is corrupt"
>
> I tried with the diiferent CD downloaded from the Debian mirror site and
> also from CD purchased from a official supplier.
> I ran md5 and everything seems to be ok.
>
> Is it possible the archive file is corrupted? Anybody experiences the
> same problem?

I recall that happening with Woody 3.0r0 CD#1, but I stopped having that
problem when I made installs using 3.0r1 CD#1, on all platforms. I'd have to
guess that the installer is what was broken on the first release.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/