Debian 3.0 HPPA installation halts at dpkg_1.9.21 on HP9000 J210XC

please cc to vince.t.trinh@jpl.nasa.gov

I'm installing on two HP9000 J210XC and the process stops at "Install
the base system" with the error message"

"instmnt/pool/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.9.21_hppa.deb file is corrupt"

I tried with the diiferent CD downloaded from the Debian mirror site and
also from CD purchased from a official supplier.
I ran md5 and everything seems to be ok.

Is it possible the archive file is corrupted? Anybody experiences the
same problem?

Thanks in advance.

Vince Trinh