Re: [parisc-linux] Re: HP C180-XP CDROM boot.

I tried re-burning installation CD#1.  Nothing worked.  Not believing that
the CDROM was dead, I tried using a different set of terminators on the
two SCSI ports at the back of the machine.  I can now see the CDROM as a
bootable device when I have the installation CD inserted.

Now, booting pauses with the "you may have to change consoles" message.
Then after a while it hangs with the "High Priority Machine Check"
message.

More reading....

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Dave