woody install problems on c180

i get further with woody than with 0.9.3 release which isn't saying much for me at this point because i think i could have gotten the latter to work.

i have a c180 with v6.2 firmware
two hard drives id's 6 and 5
1 sescsi cd drive id 3
i have hpux 10.20 on id 6 and intend to put debian on id 5

i boot the install cd image number 1 i just burned and get started on the boot with the penguin at the top.

it goes through a lot of messages recognizing hardware and the such and gets to a line with:
"init started:  busybox V0.60.3-pre......................mulit-call binary"
then it hangs up with the screen going black

note i do have the hrc-24 hp graphics card i think a4071b on the back of card as my graphics, but since i got the penguin i thought i was good to go for install.

any ideas and sorry this is just one step up from newbie or to most of ya'll newbie, but i'd really like to use this box as a dual boot system.

thanks in advance for any assistance