Re: Mouse Hangs after desktop quits

On Wed, 3 Jul 2002, Bryan W. Headley wrote:

> Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, James McKenzie wrote:
> >>   When a user logs out, the mouse hangs.  The keyboard is still
> >>responsive.  Restarting X resolves this problem.
> >
> > I have the same problem on my 712-60.  There is no know solution, AFAIK.
>
> I've seen it on DEC Alpha and PowerPC, too. Solved it by making sure gpm
> is not running along with X.

Which is not an option here.  I need gpm too, but the repeater doesn't seem to
work on those 64-bit architectures.  Heck, on my i386 machines, it only seems to
work in half the cases, using the exact same GMP and XFree mouse settings.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, Espoo, Finland.
http://www.pp.fishpool.fi/~q-funk/