Re: FWD: Re: gimp, gnome, libgtk-perl, etc, etc

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 08:25:30PM +0100, Helge Deller wrote:
> On Dienstag, 27. November 2001 06:29, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:52:21PM -0500, Christopher C. Chimelis wrote:
> > > I got the lifimage from the 2001-11-18 set that's on master.  I managed
> > > to watch the boot enough times to see what's causing me a problem: it's
> > > not seeing the HID keyboard at all and claims that it's not there.  I
> > > tried unplugging the mouse from the keyboard (just in case), which didn't
> > > help.  I did manage to get it booted once with the keyboard recognised,
> > > but it behaved very badly and finally just stopped working when I was
> > > trying to partition the disks.
> >
> > HIL keyboard support has always been rather flaky, I'm afraid.  A serial
> > console will work better.
>
> Hmm, I've never had any real problems with my HIL keyboard. The only
> problem I know of is, that sometimes after a "warm-boot" the keyboard
> wasn't detected. Cold-boots never showed up this or any other problem.

hilkb.c rev 1.14 has a fix from me that Thomas says worked great.  On
my 715/75 the k/b typically wasn't detected after a cold boot.  Is always
detected with that fix in.  It isn't detected after warm boot, but I'm
actually using serial console so the firmware maybe doesn't initialise
something then.  If anyone has any specs for the HIL i/f and protocol
I could look at the warm boot problem.

Richard