Re: libwxgtk2.2 missing in hppa

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 05:13:31PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> What is the current situation here? Is wxwindows significantly broken on hppa
> or should I expect this to become resolved automatically when buildd's catch
> up, or some other package deendency is unbunged?

The toolchain is currently broken for hppa; I believe we're just waiting
for some uploads to correct that now?

> It seems from wxwindows2.2 build log
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=wxwindows2.2&ver=2.2.8&arch=hppa&stamp=1004031292&file=log&as=raw
> that the broblem is python1.5-base segfaulting in it's postinst script.

That sounds like the toolchain breakage... we'll need python NMUs, I think.

> Is anyone in a position to either fix the wxwindows problem or otherwise
> get survex built for hppa? (I'll have a go at manually compiling wxwindows on
> an hppa box to get survex built if anyone thinks that's likely to work, but I
> can't see any listed at http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi).

paer.debian.org parisc64 sid Debian GNU/Linux up and running but SNAFU
due to downgrade pending resolved toolchain issues all
sarti.debian.org hppa sid Debian GNU/Linux  developers only

ok, maybe mozilla c'n'p isn't wonderful, but it beats the hell out
of netscape's.