Re: debian on a D350

Hello,

I believe the 2.4.0 kernel (which is on the CD, if I'm not mistaken),
had a "swapped serial ports" bug (it was recently fixed in 2.4.9-pa22,
or perhaps a bit earlier). So you need to grab the new kernel (but
puffin seems to be down), compile a new kernel, and patch it into the
latest Debian root disk.

Something similiar to (thanks Richard Hirst):

 palo -f /dev/null -k vmlinux -r root.bin -s lifimage [-b iplboot] \
        -c "0/linux HOME=/ root=/dev/ram initrd=0/ramdisk"

where vmlinux is the new (possibly cross-compiled) kernel image,
obtained from make palo, root.bin is the Debian install disk image and
lifimage is the new LIF image you have to netboot.

I hope this does the trick.

Regards,

Albert