Re: Request to join to update singularity-container packge

Hi Christophe,

On 25.09.21 11:00, Christophe Trophime wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Afif Elghraoui" <afif@debian.org>
To: "debian-hpc" <debian-hpc@lists.debian.org>, "Steffen Möller" <steffen_moeller@gmx.de>, "Christophe Trophime"
<christophe.trophime@lncmi.cnrs.fr>
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 12:57:16 AM
Subject: Re: Request to join to update singularity-container packge
On 9/24/21 3:35 PM, Afif Elghraoui wrote:

On 9/18/21 8:55 AM, Steffen Möller wrote:
Hello,

The https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/singularity-container package needs
help. I'd like to update it and help it to transition to testing again.

A request to join the HPC I already made a while back, my username is
<moeller>.

Done. Many thanks for your help

I'm going back through old messages in debian-hpc and I see also that we
had missed a message including a proposed packaging update submitted
here by Christophe Trophime:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-hpc/2021/03/msg00012.html

Christophe, if you're still interested we may be able to get some
progress on this package again soon.
Hi Afif,
I don't really have time to maintain the package but I still interested
in getting the package back into Stable/Testing.

I've managed to rebuild on my own singularity package for 3.7
It's working but I guess it needs some more works to fit Debian policy
Hope it will helpfull for packaging singularity

If you need help do not hesitate to notify me
I'll do my best to work on this

If you do not mind then please upload to

https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/singularity-container

whatever you have currently running locally. To know you having
something functional is already valuable. Salsa is at 3.5. I'll then
take it from there.

Best,
Steffen