Re: Dependency slurmctld at slurmdbd

Hi Tobias,

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 12:20:19PM +0000, Tobias Matthaeus wrote:
> thanks for your great work.

thank you for your interest in our package.

> I found probably a BUG. We have slurmdbd
> and  slurmctld on  the  same machine. But after rebooting the machine,
> slurmctld came into an failed state. Because slurmdbd was not fully
> started before slurmctld is started.

Did you started slurmdbd before slurmctld the first time? That's the
only case where you need to start slurmdbd before slurmctld. From the
second time on, you can start them in any order.

> In  the systemd Unit files I found no dependencies for this case. Maybe a  bug?

There is no such dependency because slurmctld can be configured not to
use any slurmdbd server or to use one on a different host.

Best regards,
--
Gennaro Oliva