Re: Status of libpsm2

Hi Roland,

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Roland Fehrenbacher <debian-hpc@lists.debian.org> wrote:
> [...]

Thanks for the quick reply.

    B> Hi Roland, On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 9:49 AM, Roland Fehrenbacher
    B> <rf@q-leap.de> wrote:

    B>     Hi,

    B>     what's the status of libpsm2? As far as I can see, it would
    B>     have been ready for upload, but it seems something is holding
    B>     it up (what?). Can you provide some insight Brian?

    B> The issues stated by the reviewers are:

    B> 1) Lintian warns about libpsm2-compat not advertising its new
    B>    device to
    B> AppArmor. My opinion is that this is outside the normal use case
    B> of libpsm2, but I was asked to fix this.

I haven't found any reference about this. What exactly is the issue here?

Sorry, I referenced the wrong technology. Lintian warns:
W: libpsm2-2: appstream-metadata-missing-modalias-provide lib/udev/rules.d/40-psm.rules
W: libpsm2-2-compat: appstream-metadata-missing-modalias-provide lib/udev/rules.d/40-psm-compat.rules

I've spent a fair amount of team reading AppStream documentation (something I've never even seen before) and have looked at the page referenced by the lintian tag. I'm having a hard time figuring out what exactly is supposed to go in the AppStream metadata and how to test it, other than verifying that it parses.

https://lintian.debian.org/tags/appstream-metadata-missing-modalias-provide.html

    B> 2) I was asked to look at using Debian alternatives for
    B>    libpsm2-compat.

Presumably this should correspind to the following commit:

https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/infinipath-psm/commit/3935e820d527ec3b39a7728250abbf60b5a5fb4a

Yes, I believe I can incorporate that patch to resolve the alternatives issue for libpsm2-compat.

    B> Sorry for my lack of progress on this, my employer had a push to
    B> get our IFS
    B> 10.6.1.0.2 release for stretch completed. I really want to get
    B>            this in testing
    B> and can take a look at these two items this week. Feedback is
    B> welcome.

This would be great. I think we should push this out as soon as
possible, since without libpsm2 there is no proper support for OPA on
Debian.

Thanks for your engagement,

Roland

--