Re: Update documentation and information about OFED

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 3:52 PM, Valerio Pachera <sirio81@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been looking about ofed mostly to help a friend finding the right
> package to install on debian.
>
> By searchin 'debian ofed' the very first result is:
>
> https://pkg-ofed.alioth.debian.org/howto/infiniband-howto.html
>
> I wrote to pgk-ofed-devel (as found in the documentation) because the repo
> isn't available.
> I got a reply from Brian Smith with good information.
> Brian points pout that the documentation and the mailing list are obsolete.
>
> Is anyone in this group willing to update infomations on alioth?
> I noticed the proget has been ported to salsa.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/pkg-ofed
>
> The file how-to
> https://salsa.debian.org/hpc-team/pkg-ofed/blob/master/howto/infiniband-howto.sgml
> is still refering to alioth.
>
> I simply suggest to update or remove obsolete documentation.

As alioth is marked for decommissioning, it probably needs to be
configured to permanently redirect those links "somewhere". The salsa
link that Valerio referenced is the code to generate the infiniband
howto. Has there been any work done to publish this (and other
pkg-ofed) documentation on a new server?

--
Brian T. Smith
System Fabric Works