Proposal not to allow other packages to hold up ghc and Stackage updates

Hello,

If someone wants to work on updating ghc and Stackage in Debian unstable
we typically expect them to make package-plan pass for all packages
first before uploading anything, even to experimental.

I wonder if we should instead establish a practice of uploading ghc and
the new Stackage to experimental, or even to unstable, before fixing
everything else.  It is useful to have the core set of packages
installable from the archive, and it avoids expecting people who want to
help the team as a whole from being held up with obscure packages which
might not have many users.

We could have an option to test-package-plan.pl which limits it to
packages given in lts.config.

--
Sean Whitton