Re: binNMU wanted please

Hey Gianfranco,

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 04:04PM, Gianfranco Costamagna wrote:
> Hello, after my ghc 8.8.1 upload targeted to the wrong suite (sorry for that!)I tried to quickly rebootstrap ghc and I went successful, for amd64 all i386 arm64 and ppc64el IIRC.

Thanks for trying to fix this so quickly. Let's see what else is
pending.

> Unfortunately armhf escaped from my jail, and went built successfully, and the build I did failed, when I retried and uploaded a fixed one...somebody had already triggered some binNMUs.

Do we know if someone actually scheduled those binNMUs (because they saw
a new GHC on unstable), or if there is an automated process in place? I
was against the latter since it could cause exactly the kind of problems
we are facing now.

> Unfortunately the binNMU script doesn't detect them, so I don't really know how to provide a list of affected packages...

It seems that haskell-devscript has broken (again) with ghc-8.8.1. This
causes packages to build with wrong provides, which as a side-effect,
breaks the binNMU. I have tracked them down, and will request binNMUs
for them, but please keep that in mind and do not upload ghc-8.8.1 to
unstable before fixing haskell-devscript.

Cheers,

--
Ilias