Re: GHC-8.0 and llvm

Hi,

Am Montag, den 18.01.2016, 12:30 +0100 schrieb Gard Spreemann:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 09:41:41AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Soon, GHC will ship a copy of LLVM anyways.
>
> Just out of curiosity, how compatible is this with Debian's wish to
> avoid embedded code copies?

not very, but if GHC needs specific patches that are not applied by
upstream, then there is little way around it. And it’s only a wish, not
a hard rule.

We can probably still decide no to use the embedded copy, but I’m
inclined not to risk hard to track down bugs that would only affect
Debian this way.