Re: Bits from the Release Team: GCC 5 as default, transitions thereof

Hi,

Am Montag, den 03.08.2015, 23:34 +0200 schrieb Julien Cristau:
> On Mon, Aug  3, 2015 at 22:55:17 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Can you tell whether the Haskell packages are entangled with the
> > GCC 5 transition?
>
> I'd rather not have both at the same time, regardless of any
> entanglement.

with GCC5 in testing, and also the current “small” Haskell transition
done, is it now a good time to get GHC-7.10 into unstable and testing?

This time, we ensured that all packages build at least on amd64, and
since then have done some staging in experimental, and if I read it
correctly we have only a build error on fringe architectures there,
mostly involving testsuite and doctests. I guess we can root them out
in experimental, and upload a (theoretically) perfect set of haskell
packages to unstable.