Re: ghc-mod not built on some architectures due to missing ghc-ghci

Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:

> > > The virtual package ghc-ghci is only provided by architectures that
> > > support the interpreter. If you would do "apt-cache show ghc" on s390x,
> > > it will _not_ Provide ghc-ghci.
> >
> > Thanks. I will do another upload with the right architectures specified.
>
> No! That is the point. We do _not_ specify architectures (but
> dependencies), and the buildd setup will automatically build the package
> on those architectures where it is supported.

Ah, thanks for the warning. I misunderstood how testing migration
regarding to architectures works. I thought packages with arch=any can
only migrate to testing if they are actually build on all
architectures. Thanks for enlightening me.

Regards
Sven