Re: Packaging Cabal separately

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 10.06.2014, 15:14 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Montag, den 09.06.2014, 14:04 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
> >> Excellent!  Could we have a similarly modified build of 7.8 in experimental?
> >
> > just merged these and other changes from unstable to experimental and am
> > building the package right now.
>
> A quick note on the 7.8 package - it still conflicts with
> libghc-cabal-dev.  This doesn't affect me because I've created a
> libghc-cabal-ghcjs-dev package for version 1.21 of Cabal, but I wanted
> to make sure you knew.

Weird, why did the change to debian/control not merge? Because I did it
wrong in 7.6 as well. Darn, gonna have to rebuild both packages.

>    Also, both version 7.6 and 7.8 have
> unversioned links in the ghc-doc package like
> /usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/Cabal.txt, which would conflict with the
> corresponding link in a libghc-cabal-doc package.

I noticed, but I fixed this in haskell-devscripts: For all packages
besides ghc, the file is now named after the package it is shipped in,
which should avoid conflict reliably. Just rebuild your Cabal package
with the latest haskell-devscripts.