Re: Packaging Cabal separately

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 2:19 AM, Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Montag, den 09.06.2014, 14:04 -0700 schrieb David Fox:
>> Excellent!  Could we have a similarly modified build of 7.8 in experimental?
>
> just merged these and other changes from unstable to experimental and am
> building the package right now.

A quick note on the 7.8 package - it still conflicts with
libghc-cabal-dev.  This doesn't affect me because I've created a
libghc-cabal-ghcjs-dev package for version 1.21 of Cabal, but I wanted
to make sure you knew.   Also, both version 7.6 and 7.8 have
unversioned links in the ghc-doc package like
/usr/lib/ghc-doc/hoogle/Cabal.txt, which would conflict with the
corresponding link in a libghc-cabal-doc package.