Re: [Pkg-haskell-maintainers] Inclusion of Pontarius XMPP in Debian

Dear Jon,

Am Dienstag, den 03.06.2014, 10:41 +0200 schrieb Jon Kristensen:
> I'm one of the authors of Pontarius XMPP[1], an XMPP library for
> Haskell. I would like to know if it would be possible for Pontarius XMPP
> to become included in Debian, and if so, what the process would be.
> Pontarius XMPP is licensed under the BSD3 license.
>
> I'm perfectly fine with either becoming a maintainer for the package
> myself, or have someone else maintain the package.

Generally, you are doing the right thing: Sending a mail to the Debian
Haskell Group and asking. Then we look at the package in question and
see if it is a fit for Debian.

We do not aim to cover all of Hackage. Instead, the package needs to
have some value to our users. The most obvious value is if it is a
dependency of a program we want, or a relatively common and generally
useful library.

The package description of pontarius says that pontarios is
work-in-progress and alpha, so I have doubts that it is a useful package
to have in Debian. Who would use it? Are there any applications built on
it?