Re: updates for libghc-gtk and friends

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 22.04.2014, 15:31 +0200 schrieb Sven Bartscher:
> On Sat, 05 Apr 2014 23:13:40 +0200
> Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > great, no extra dependencies pulled in. I’ll do the upload tomorror or
> > Monday (unless someone beats me to it, which is fine).
>
> I checked the PTS for haskell-gtk recently because I was wondering
> why it didn't migrate to testing.

getting things to migrate is always tricky, usually all Haskell packages
get entangled in one big transition. I don’t know all open issues, but
we are waiting for the ftp-team to remove a few packages, for example.
And https://release.debian.org/transitions/html/haskell.html also shows
a number of red dots.

>  As it turns out upgrading haskell-gtk
> isn't as easy as hoped. Now a haskell-gio and haskell-glib would break
> a lot of packages when upgraded.
> If further help is needed I will do my best.

What exactly would break by upgrading -gio and -glib that is not fixable
by rebuilding packages?