Re: renamed GMP symbols in GHC

2012/1/4 Michal Konečný <mikkonecny@googlemail.com>
On Wednesday 04 January 2012 12:21:13 Simon Marlow wrote:
> GMP is inherently broken because it
> has global state, so if you want two use it from two clients in the same
> program, you need two copies of it.

If this could be fixed that would be fantastic.  Nevertheless, I am currently
unaware of how hard this might be to persue, technically or politically.
(My gut feeling is that it is not straightforward.)

My understanding is that they rejected the idea of moving away from global state for performance reasons, and are not inclined to reconsider.

--
brandon s allbery                                      allbery.b@gmail.com