Re: RFS: haskell-primitive & haskell-vector

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 14:42 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Joachim.

> Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2011, 10:31 +0100 schrieb Iulian Udrea:
> > vasks:/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-primitive
> > vasks:/darcs/pkg-haskell/haskell-vector
> >
> > Please note that vector depends on primitive (>= 0.4.0.1 & < 0.5).
>
> Thanks, all changes look good, I’m already building them.

Both primitive and vector built fine here.

> > I will also update the remaining related packages.
>
> What are you going to do about vector-algorithms? Hackage has only
> http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vector-algorithms-0.5.2
> which requests primitive (0.3.*) and vector (< 0.8).

I was just about to hit the 'send email' button to say about this. I
thought that I mentioned it in the email. See
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-haskell-commits/2011-August/008635.html

> I’ll hold back the uploads until we know what will happen here.
> vector-algorithms is, for example, used in my SAT-Britney code.

Yup. Please do so. Upstream seems quite active and so I hope that they
will bump the dependencies soon. I will keep an eye out for this.

> > I have a feeling that this isn't the best place to ask for sponsorship.
> > I personally don't like flooding mailing lists with RFSs. If there is a
> > better place where I can ask for sponsorship, then please let me know.
>
> No, it is the perfect place. Ideally, we’ll notice you pushing a
> changelog entry with unstable instead of UNRELEASED, or see it on
> http://pkg-haskell.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi, but this is not
> always reliable. Also, a mail can carry additional information (e.g.
> that more packages are coming).

Brilliant. Thanks Joachim.

Cheers,
Iulian