Re: RFS: haskell-primitive & haskell-vector

On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:25 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2011, 14:07 +0100 schrieb Iulian Udrea:
> > On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 14:42 +0200, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > > Am Mittwoch, den 31.08.2011, 10:31 +0100 schrieb Iulian Udrea:
> > > Thanks, all changes look good, I’m already building them.
> >
> > Both primitive and vector built fine here.
>
> I have no worries about that. Unfortunately, I still have to build them
> to do the upload – we don’t have source-only uploads in Debian.

> > > What are you going to do about vector-algorithms? Hackage has only
> > > http://hackage.haskell.org/package/vector-algorithms-0.5.2
> > > which requests primitive (0.3.*) and vector (< 0.8).
> >
> > I was just about to hit the 'send email' button to say about this. I
> > thought that I mentioned it in the email. See
> > http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-haskell-commits/2011-August/008635.html
> >
> > > I’ll hold back the uploads until we know what will happen here.
> > > vector-algorithms is, for example, used in my SAT-Britney code.
> > >

> > Yup. Please do so. Upstream seems quite active and so I hope that they
> > will bump the dependencies soon. I will keep an eye out for this.
>
> Note that vector-algorithms has a different author, so I don’t know if
> Dan Doel knows and/or cares about the new vector version. If in doubt,
> ping him and tell him about the new version.

Right. I have just finished sending an email to Dan Doel with regards to
this.

Also, on an unrelated note, I am trying to make grep-dctrl output the
reverse build dependencies of a package recursively. Any idea how I can
do that? I've played with it for a little bit now and I'm not sure I can
do this with it. Therefore, if you (or anyone else) know of another
fancy tool that can do this, then I'm all ears.

Cheers,
Iulian