Re: Upcoming GHC 7 release and package names with ghc6 in them

On Sat, Oct 02, 2010 at 10:53:50AM -0700, Donald Bruce Stewart wrote:

> > I'm guessing that 7.0.1 will be the next GHC version packaged for
> > Debian.
>
> It is unlikely to be GHC 7.0.1 isn't it? That's the beta release.

It's not a beta release, but it is generally true that later point
releases in a branch are less buggy.

> And Debian follows the Haskell Platform. The January HP release will
> likely include a GHC 7.0.2 -- that is a debugged version of ghc 7

6.10.2 and 6.12.2 both came out in April. That doesn't mean 7.0.2 will
come out in April too (it depends on how many bugs there are in 7.0.1,
and how severe they are), but it suggests it's unlikely there will be a
7.0.2 in time for the January HP release.

Thanks
Ian