Re: Leksah packaging open questions

Hi Jürgen,

Am Mittwoch, den 05.05.2010, 18:50 +0200 schrieb Jürgen
Nicklisch-Franken:
> If I recall it right, open questions on the Leksah packaging for Debian:
> 1. Leksah will download sources for packages via cabal unpack from
> hackage, if it is configured this way.
> 2. Leksah will download prebuild metadata packages for packages, were
> the run of haddock failed from leksah.org, if it is configured this way.
>
> I don't see this as a problem, as e.g. cabal-install is in Debian, and
> Leksah does just the same. You see it as a problem. Is that a correct
> description?

well, not a show-stopper problem, but there are issues with it.

The comparison with cabal-install is not valid. cabal-install’s main
feature is to download stuff (like an ftp client), while leksah’s main
feature is to edit Haskell code. Imaging that kate would require an
Internet connection to be able to highlight your code...

Also, are you providing the metadata for each and every version on
leksah.org? Once Debian releases, the versions of the included Haskell
libraries are not going to change for two or more years...

Therefore, I’d like to include the metadata that leksah needs within the
haskell library package. Therefore the question: If .kshm-files are
generated upon building a library, and shipped along, is that enough to
make leksah happy?