Re: What is the process for creating/uploading new packages?

Dear Eugene,

Am Dienstag, den 21.12.2010, 13:01 +0300 schrieb Eugene Kirpichov:
> I'd like to publish my piece of software (already hackage'd) as a
> debian package; is there a documented process or convention for doing
> that specifically for Haskell packages?
> Should I coordinate with someone, or use a specific toolset or naming
> convention, or upload to a specific repository, etc.?
> (I've never published any kind of debian package before, so I may be
> asking silly questions)
>
> I've seen some tutorials on the internets, but I don't know which are
> or aren't obsolete, so I'd appreciate help from debian-haskell@.

your question could refer to two things: You want your software packaged
and distributed by Debian; and you want to provide Debian packages of
your software on your project’s homepage.

In the former case, you should tell us what software it is and kindly
ask, and we (the Debian Haskell Group) will probably maintain the
package for you.

In the latter case, you might want to look at
http://wiki.debian.org/Haskell/CollabMaint/PackageTemplate
and some of the packaging for Debian packages on
http://darcs.debian.org/pkg-haskell/ and are welcome to ask on this list
if you need further help.