Re: darcs: haskell-src-exts: Run ghc6 without active timer (+RTS -V0 -RTS). Should work around http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/4074 on slow arches. Negative side effects not known (yet).

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 25.06.2010, 19:44 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Am Freitag, den 25.06.2010, 19:40 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > I therefore applied the patch to src-exts and uploaded it.
> > Unfortunately, it is still timing out on some architectures, at the same
> > moment.
> > https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=haskell-src-exts&arch=mipsel&ver=1.9.0-2&stamp=1277482388&file=log&as=raw
>
> I have to correct myself. It did help on hppa (which used to be the
> biggest problem):
> https://buildd.debian.org/build.php?&pkg=haskell-src-exts&ver=1.9.0-2&arch=hppa
>
> Maybe mipsel had its own, separate problem. We’ll see how the other
> arches are doing:
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=haskell-src-exts&suite=unstable
> and maybe I’ll try this setting on some other problematic packages.

It is really weird:

alpha worked with 1.9.0-1 (build time 02:35:59):
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=haskell-src-exts&ver=1.9.0-1&arch=alpha&stamp=1277390056&file=log
but failed with my modified packaging after 02:36:10:
https://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?&pkg=haskell-src-exts&ver=1.9.0-2&arch=alpha&stamp=1277573826&file=log

Hmm, looking at these numbers, it seems that the „150 minutes of
inactivity“ do not count output on stdout as activity. I’ll send a mail
to the alpha buildd admins and ask for a higher limit.

mips is running out of virtual memory. Not much to do about it.

mipsel is failing at the previous spot. Maybe here the ghc6 was not the
culprit but it was just too slow.

armel is still building.