Re: RFS: Update TrustedQSL to upstream release 2.7.3

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 01:14:28PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2024 24 Apr 11:14 -0500, tony mancill wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 06:34:00AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> > > Is there a chance this could be made available to Stable users through
> > > backports.debian.org?  I ask in case Logbook of The World were to
> > > require a version of TrustedQSL newer than that which is in Stable.
> > > Some years back that happened but that was before bdo was more popular.
> >
> > Hi Nate,
> >
> > I will prepare a stable-bpo package for 2.7.3.
>
> Thanks, Tony.

Yes, I was actually planning on helping get this into backports as well
(assuming Tony doesn't beat me) as that is basically what I am already
doing with the Ubuntu PPAs, though Debian backports is a bit more of a
formal procedure in comparison. And yes, as Tony mentioned, it looks
like we'll need to wait for things to cool down a bit and have
TrustedQSL get into testing before we can go forward and publish
anything for backports.

I originally got into doing this for Ubuntu after spending some time
helping some users on the ARRL LoTW mailing list hand compile TrustedQSL
for their Ubuntu boxes and decided I should just start backporting the
latest Debian Sid release to the various current Ubuntu releases. Since
Tony's been good about keeping it up-to-date, I just have the easy task
of adjusting a few build-deps as needed for older Ubuntu releases and
the occasional patch for compatibility.

In any case, I decided to preemptively create a backport commit and
discover what it takes. It looks like this package is simple to backport
as it currently compiles cleanly on stable. All I had to do was create
the appropriate changelog entry. I've tested it on Bookworm and it seems
to be functioning properly. If you are interested in taking a look, I
updated the backports branch on my fork here:

https://salsa.debian.org/penguin359/trustedqsl/-/commits/debian/bookworm-backports

73s,
Loren
K7IW

--
Loren M. Lang
lorenl@north-winds.org

Public Key: http://www.north-winds.org/lorenl_pubkey.asc
Fingerprint: 7896 E099 9FC7 9F6C E0ED  E103 222D F356 A57A 98FA