Re: Status of chirp?

Re: Paul Tagliamonte
> > Maybe we need to revert to python2 if that's still an option for
> > bullseye.
>
> Would you like me to gather info + file a report, or do we need to
> understand if this is even possible?
>
> I looked at pulling in some of the GTK2 python 2 dependencies to run it
> under Python 2 to try and understand if this was real before emailing the
> list, and some are missing now. I suspect that ship has sailed -- but I'm
> not sure.

Oh right I forgot that the gtk2 part was really the pressing one that
made me upload this half-working python3 thing.

I guess filing a bug to document the problems makes sense.

There were some folks on the list that are interested in python3, but
I don't think anything got merged yet.

The other problem is that upstream's infrastructure is quite baroque
with trac and mercurial. I tried about half a dozen times to register
there, with varying errors. Current status is that I got upstream to
reset my account, but I haven't re-tried registering so I can actually
post to the mailing list. Or something, I forgot the details.

If you want to take over any of this we'd all be glad I think, I have
enough other construction sites...

Christoph