Re: Question on best approach to add debian/ packaging files into Linpac source code tree

Re: David Ranch
> Hmmm.. Ok.  I had been using it for years and it prompts and places any
> configured dependencies into the resulting packages.  I get it that it's not
> the right way to do things and that's why I'm trying to move over to the
> proper way.  One thing I liked about checkinstall is that it's one,
> lightweight package.  devscripts on the otherhand drags in a bunch of other
> packages.  Oh well.

As said devscripts is not required.

> I'm still new to the Debian packaging universe but should I file ticket here
> for the checkinstall package?  If so, where should I go?

If something is broken, file a bug, bugs.debian.org.

> No doubt SF is an older than service than say Github or Gitlab but it's
> support for Git fork and merge requests is all the same.  Works well.  I do
> see your point that from package maintainers will feel they won't want to
> create an account on SF.net to offer up merge requests but sending an email
> to the original developer of the created changes isn't very hard.

It's certainly possible, but at least for me, the perceived complexity
to submit patches there is substantially higher than elsewhere.

Christoph