Hamlib 4.0 in experimental

[Moving to debian-hams]

Re: Ervin Hegedüs
> as I know the sources (which uses Hamlib) don't need any patch,
> the functions are same - but there are so many constans had
> changed. Eg. all RIG models got an extra digit, eg. my rig is a
> TS850, that was the 209, not it's 2009. K3 was 229, not it's
> 2029.

My IC706 moved from 309 to 3009...

We should probably put a NEWS.Debian item about that somewhere, but I
have no idea where to put it as libhamlib4 is new, and libhamlib2
(where it would make sense) is gone.

I rebuilt everything and there were little problems:

> So, the rebuild is need, but patch not required.
>
> > Reverse Depends:
> >   xlog,libhamlib2
> >   wsjtx,libhamlib2 3.1

wsjtx works when talking directly to the rig, but has problems talking
to rigctld ("Hamlib error: Invalid parameter while exchanging VFOs")

> >   tucnak,libhamlib2
> >   tlf,libhamlib2

"multiple definitions" is a gcc-9 change, a workaround is -fno-common.
(Or of course better, fix the duplicated definitions of global
variables.)

> >   soundmodem,libhamlib2 3.0.1

I wonder if that is still useful. But it compiles.

> >   soapysdr0.7-module-audio,libhamlib2
> >   qsstv,libhamlib2
> >   klog,libhamlib2
> >   js8call,libhamlib2 3.1

js8call already has a switch for hamlib3/4 compatibility, it just
needs flipping (or rather removing) in debian/rules.

> >   cqrlog,libhamlib2 1.2.10

That's a weird one, written in freepascal and opening libhamlib.so via
dlopen. I upgraded libhamlib2 to libhamlib2 in debian/control and it
compiles and runs, but I didn't test it long enough to have it
actually talk to my rig. (I wonder if it doesn't actually need a
*runtime* dependency on the -dev package since it seems to look for
libhamlib.so, but if that is a problem, it's already broken now.)

> >   grig,libhamlib2

grig has problems:

rig-daemon.c: In function ‘rig_daemon_exec_cmd’:
rig-daemon.c:1677:56: error: ‘freq_range_t’ {aka ‘struct freq_range_list’} has no member named ‘start’; did you mean ‘startf’?
 1677 |           (get->freq1 >= myrig->state.rx_range_list[i].start)    &&
      |                                                        ^~~~~
      |                                                        startf
... and more.

Afaict grig is totally dead upstream so it's probably time to remove
it.

> >   freedv,libhamlib2
> >   fldigi,libhamlib2

Fldigi works.

> >   direwolf,libhamlib2
> >   cubicsdr,libhamlib2
> >
> > (15 packages, not too bad)
>
> yeah, it's not so much.
>
> Just let me know if I can help you anything!

Testing packages with the libhamlib4 from experimental would be nice.

Christoph