Re: Proposed removal of kernel AX.25 support

On Fri, Jul 26, 2019 at 07:10:43PM +0100, Iain Learmonth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am a maintainer for the libax25 and ax25-apps packages, and these
> packages are not in great shape. These are userspace packages that
> compliment the AX.25 networking support in the Linux kernel. I would
> like to propose that we do not ship these packages, or otherwise use the
> kernel AX.25 support, in the next Debian release.

Hello Iain,

If the kernel AX.25 support is removed, what alternatives are available
in Debian for getting on AMPRNet and running the 44 network with packet
on a KISS capable TNC?

I'm not disagreeing with your arguments, but I'd like to have an
alternative that lets me run APRS (preferably with aprx) alongside other
AX.25 services.

Regards,

--
Göran Weinholt