Should we remove xsmc-calc?

I've been looking at xsmc-calc. The package is in bad shape and the
current version seg-faults because it's font handling is brain-dead.

I asked upstream and he says that it's unsupported and that gsmc (which
is also in Debian) is the preferred replacement.

I don't think we need both packages and gsmc appears to really be
xsmc-calc version 2 in terms of features and operation.

I therefore propose that we (Debian Hamradio Maintainers) request the
removal of xsmc-calc.

Comments please

Colin G8TMV

--
Colin Tuckley      |  +44(0)1223 830814  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
Debian Developer   |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x38C9D903

Happiness is...receiving YOUR posts!!!!