Re: debianham.sunsite.dk

On Wednesday 08 May 2002 14:06, Terry Dawson wrote:
> Joop Stakenborg wrote:
> > People at sunsite.dk were kind enough to give us server space for our
> > project.
>
> Great project Joop!
>
> This might be a silly question, but is there some reason this project isn't
> being hosted on Debian resources?
>
> I'd love to see the association reinforced.
>
> Debian is to Linux what good Amateur Radio club projects are to Amateur
> Radio. I'd love to see Debian the natural choice of radio amateurs.

Hi Terry,

It is not an attempt to create a distribution fork. The idea started when
some-one considered we were taking up bandwidth by ventilating our ideas on
the debian-hams list. Also, when development starts, it would be useful to
have some directory on the web to put up experimental packages without having
to go through the debian install process. There were also ideas to create a
floppy based distro, which may not fit inside the debian hierarchy.

I am sure debian will somehow benefit from this project.

> regards
> Terry

Cheers
Joop, PA4TU